” Revive was founded on the facility of finding brand-new uses for known drugs, and we are broadening on our rich item portfolio to target transmittable diseases such as the coronavirus illness or COVID-19,” stated Michael Frank, Revives Chief Executive Officer. “Revive has a history in the medical advancement with Bucillamine in the treatment of intense gout flares and cystinuria, and we will advance our efforts in restoring and checking out new usages of Bucillamine for unmet medical requirements.”
TORONTO, March 20, 2020 (WORLD NEWSWIRE)– Revive Therapies Ltd. (” Revive” or the “Business”) (CSE: RVV), a life sciences business, is delighted to reveal that it is checking out making use of the drug Bucillamine as a prospective novel treatment for contagious diseases including influenza and the coronavirus illness (COVID-19). The Business has actually requested a provisionary patent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office entitled “Use of Bucillamine in the Treatment of Contagious Diseases” (Serial No. 62/991,996).
Restore has explored making use of Bucillamine in the treatment of severe gout flares and has completed a Phase 2 research study in the U.S. under its Investigational New Drug (” IND”) application that was accepted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (” FDA”). The Company checked out the usage of Bucillamine in the treatment of cystinuria where it has actually received FDA orphan drug status and its IND was accepted by the FDA to perform a Phase 2 research study in the U.S.
Scientific Rationale for the Investigation reasoning Bucillamine to Treat Infectious Diseases including Influenza transmittable COVID-19
Bucillamine (N-( mercapto-2-methylpropionyl)- l-cysteine), which has a widely known security profile and is recommended in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in Japan and South Korea for over 30 years, is a cysteine derivative with 2 thiol groups that is 16-fold more powerful than NAC as a thiol donor in vivo, providing it greatly remarkable function in bring back glutathione and for that reason greater potential to avoid intense lung injury during influenza infection.8 Bucillamine has also been shown to avoid oxidative and reperfusion injury in heart and liver tissues8 and is extremely cell permeable for effective shipment into cells.8,9 Bucillamine has unrealized potential for the treatment of influenza with both proven safety and tested system of action similar to that of NAC, but with much higher effectiveness, reducing the previous barriers to utilizing thiols therapeutically. It is likewise sensible to hypothesize that comparable processes connected to ROS are involved in severe lung injury throughout nCov-19 infection, potentially justifying the investigation of bucillamine as an intervention for COVID-19.
Revive is establishing an item and scientific advancement strategy intending to unlock the complete capacity of Bucillamine. The Company will announce its initiatives as they unfold.
Current antiviral interventions for influenza have actually displayed modest efficacy, particularly in improving death in at-risk populations, such as the elderly.1,2 Novel antivirals have actually been pestered by poor oral bioavailability and lack of efficacy when not provided early.1 This is since these drugs mostly act to prevent the early processes of virus binding to cells or viral duplication.2 Thiols, especially N-acetylcysteine (NAC), with antioxidant and lowering activity have been examined as reliable treatments that abrogate the capacity for influenza to cause severe illness.3,4,5 Restoration of glutathione, the major intracellular thiol antioxidant, is a vital functional activity of NAC.6 Reactive oxygen types (ROS) generation during influenza virus infection worsen harmful inflammation and configured death of epithelial cells.7 Studies in human cells and animal designs have revealed that NAC works to prevent severe lung injury brought on by influenza virus infection through inhibition of these ROS-mediated systems.4,7 NAC has actually been examined scientifically and found to significantly attenuate medical signs connected with influenza infection, specifically in elderly at-risk patients.5 While NAC is quickly used up by cells and has low toxicity, scientific efficacy has actually required long-term and high-dose administration since of modest relative effectiveness, limiting its clinical applicability.
Revive is a company focused on the research, advancement and commercialization of unique psychedelic and cannabinoid-based life sciences products and drug repurposing for infectious illness. With its recent acquisition of Psilocin Pharma Corp., Revive will advance Psilocybin-based therapies in various diseases and disorders and will focus on advancement efforts to take benefit of several regulatory rewards awarded by the FDA such as Orphan Drug, Fast Track, Breakthrough Therapy and Rare Pediatric Disease classifications. The Company is likewise checking out the usage of Bucillamine for the potential treatment of infectious illness.
1. Muthuri SG, Venkatesan S, Myles PR et al. Effectiveness of neuraminidase inhibitors in minimizing mortality in patients confessed to hospital with influenza A H1N1pdm09 virus infection: a meta-analysis of private participant data Lancet Respir Med. 2014 May; 2( 5 ):395 -404. doi: 10.1016/ S2213-2600( 14 )70041-4.
2. Duwe S. Influenza infections– antiviral therapy and resistance.
3. Zhang RH, Li CH, Wang CL et al. N-acetyl-l-cystine( NAC) secures versus H9N2 swine influenza virus-induced acute lung injury. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014 Sep; 22( 1 ):1 -8. doi: 10.1016/ j.intimp.2014.06.013.
Ungheri D, Pisani C, Sanson G et al. Protective impact of n-acetylcysteine in a model of influenza infection in mice.
5. De Flora S, Grassi C, and Carati L. Attenuation of influenza-like symptomatology and enhancement of cell-mediated immunity with long-term N-acetylcysteine treatment. Eur Respir J 1997; 10: 1535– 1541 DOI: 10.1183/ 09031936.97.10071535.
The Basics of Thiols and Cysteines in Redox Biology and Chemistry. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015 Mar; 0: 148– 157.
7. Mata M, Morcillo E, Gimeno C, Cortijo J. N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) inhibit mucin synthesis and pro-inflammatory conciliators in alveolar type II epithelial cells contaminated with influenza infection A and B and with respiratory syncytial infection (RSV). Biochem Pharmacol. 2011 Sep 1; 82( 5 ):548 -55. doi: 10.1016/ j.bcp.2011.05.014.
Bucillamine: a potent thiol donor with several clinical applications. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2003 Summer; 21( 2 ):77 -90.
9. Sagawa A, Fujisaku A, Ohnishi K et al. A multicentre trial of bucillamine in the treatment of early rheumatoid arthritis (SNOW study). Mod Rheumatol. 2011 Jun; 21( 3 ):251 -7. doi: 10.1007/ s10165-010-0385-4.
Restore is a business focused on the research study, advancement and commercialization of novel psychedelic and cannabinoid-based life sciences items and drug repurposing for transmittable illness. Restores technology is being advanced to fill the medical needs for disorders and illness such as discomfort, inflammation, and injury care. Revives cannabinoid pharmaceutical portfolio focuses on unusual inflammatory locations such as liver illness. With its recent acquisition of Psilocin Pharma Corp., Revive will advance Psilocybin-based therapeutics in various diseases and conditions and will focus on development efforts to take advantage of several regulative incentives awarded by the FDA such as Orphan Drug, Fast Track, Breakthrough Therapy and Rare Pediatric Disease designations. The Company is also checking out the use of Bucillamine for the prospective treatment of infectious illness.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bestseller No. 4
Choose This Not That for Gout: 2nd Edition
- Personal Remedies (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 122 Pages - 07/14/2013 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
Bestseller No. 5
Goat Simulator Waste of Space
- Be the first goat in space
- Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
- Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
- Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
- There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
Bestseller No. 6
Advancements In Managing Gout
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Information Television Network (Director)
- (Playback Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Bestseller No. 8
The Taste Of Others
- Anne Alvaro, Jean-Pierre Bacri, Alain Chabat (Actors)
- Agnes Jaoui (Director) - Agnes Jaoui (Writer) - Christian Berard (Producer)
- English (Subtitle)
- Audience Rating: R (Restricted)